Rising COVID-19 Numbers Spark Visiting Regulations Through Rochester Regional Health Facilities
Written by Site Hub on November 7, 2020
Rochester Regional Health is suspending all general hospital visitations because of the rising COVID-19 rates in the Finger Lakes Region.
It begins on Sunday at 7 p.m. and it includes RochesterGeneral Hospital, Unity Hospital in Greece, UMMC in Batavia, Genesee County, and Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic in Clifton Springs, Ontario County.
Newark-Wayne Community Hospital in Newark, Wayne County suspended visitation last week. Officials say limited visitation will continue tor specific groups.
According to an official statement:
Limited visitation will be allowed in the following cases:
- Pediatric patients may have one support person on-site at a time. Two support people can alternate visitation.
- Obstetrical patients may have one on-site support person and a doula.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, and cognitive impairments, including dementia or who have conditions protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, may have a support person who is medically necessary for their care.
- Visitation at end of life.
In the above cases, visitation will only be allowed under the following conditions:
- Visitors/support people will have their temperature checked before entering the hospital and then again every 12 hours while in a clinical area.
- If a visitor/support person has a fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more) or displays symptoms, they are not allowed into the hospital.