RCSD Teacher Overdoses on Fentanyl During School Hours
Written by wdkxwp on December 17, 2019
The Rochester Police Department is currently investigating a fentanyl overdose which took place at the Integrated Arts and Technology school, part of the Franklin High School campus, last Wednesday.
According to police officials, 35-year-old special education teacher Tracy Lewis was found unresponsive near a second floor stairwell by the school nurse. After regaining consciousness, Lewis informed the nurse that she was on medication and she was taken to Rochester General Hospital for treatment.
However, the nurse found 13 small ziplock bags and an over-the-counter pill bottle containing a powdery white substance in Lewis’ lunch bag. The substance tested positive for fentanyl, a highly addictive and often times fatal pain killer similar to that of heroine. Lewis’ classroom was searched for additional drugs but none were found.
Tracy Lewis has been charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree. Luckily, none of the students witnessed the overdose.
To learn more about this case, view the police report here.