City Of Rochester 4th Of July Celebrations
Written by Andre on July 3, 2018
Celebrate Independence Day with RPO and Fireworks Downtown
Each year, Rochester celebrates the July 4th Independence Day holiday in style with a spectacular display of fireworks. Festivities begin on the Main Street Bridge, from South Ave to Exchange.
Music and Fireworks
- 7:30 p.m. Paul C. Boutte and The Motown Review
- 9 p.m. Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra featuring conductor Ward Stare
- 10 p.m. Fireworks display over the Genesee River
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots
- Main Street Bridge
- Broad Street Bridge
- Chestnut Street near the Washington Square Garage
- Streets surrounding these areas
Park for free!
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street
- Court Street Garage, 194 Court Street
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh Street
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Blvd.
- Main Street, from St. Paul St. to State St. will be closed from 6 a.m. on July 4 until 2 a.m. on July 5.
- The Sister Cities Bridge will close to pedestrians, 6 – 11 p.m.;
- Eastern side of the Genesee Riverway Trail from the Time Warner Cable building to South Ave. will close 1-10:30 p.m.;
- No stopping will be allowed on Route 490 or the Inner Loop.