Community

Page: 218

Boys Varsity 2019-2020 Schedule   Girls Varsity 2019-2020 Schedule  

Written by Tariq East High School Football Star, Seven McGee, was denied an appeal to play football this season by Section V on Wednesday afternoon due to issues with a transfer rule violation.  “Unsafe living conditions”, was listed in East High’s appeal as the reason for leaving California’s Narbonne High. What I don’t understand is, […]

Written by Jasmine Did you know it takes about 90 days to make or break a habit? Did you also know that when working out consistently you can see the results after just 6 weeks? We’re only two weeks in and I already feel a difference! My mood is better and I have way more […]

‘Tis the season to give. If you buy someone a gift for the holidays does it matter the cost of the gift? Or is it just the thought that counts? ? For example, if I was married and I bought my spouse a gift that was $30 verses a gift that cost a couple $100. Should they […]

• Uncategorized

September 18, 2019

Written by Tariq A “No Questions Asked” community gun buyback event will be happening on Wednesday, September 25th at First Genesis Baptist Church on Hudson Avenue from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.  Hosted by the Office of New York Attorney General Letitia James and the Rochester Police Department. Gift cards will be handed out based […]

• Uncategorized

September 17, 2019

STEP JAM 2019 is back Rochester and we are now accepting applications for step teams! Fill out your team’s application below. Make sure you fill it out completely and attach all the consent forms or we cannot approve your application! PARENT APPROVAL CONSENT FORMS *If you’re having issues submitting online please email 1039wdkx@gmail.com directly! Application Deadline: […]

Last night, shortly after midnight the Rochester City School District board of education voted 5 to 2 in support of Superintendent Dade’s staff cuts.  Listen NOW to the WDKX Wake UpClub with featured guest  Willie Lightfoot as he talks about teacher layoffs.

• Uncategorized

December 10, 2019

ShiftDiff.com, a Rochester based job search engine, will be volunteering help to anyone who has received a layoff notice from the Rochester City School District (RCSD). Teachers, Para-Professionals, Teaching Assistants, Clerical Staff, Cleaners or anyone who has been presented with a notice from the district can visit ShiftDiff.com to request resume services and professional career […]

Written by DJ Reign Disclaimer, I’m not a theatre geek or critic, but when a show is good – it is good! Without further ado, La Cage aux Folles kicked off Geva’s 2019-2020 season with a bang, a BIG bang!  Spectacular! It was a pleasant surprise to see Artistic Director Mark Cuddy, who outdid himself, […]

Written by Jasmine The New York State Department of Health and Human Services has fined the University of Rochester $3 million due to a data breach. The breach stemmed from a lost laptop and flash drive, both of which were unencrypted, leading to the theft of protected health information. After a federal investigation, it was […]

[There are no radio stations in the database]