• Uncategorized

13 Year Old Dies From TikTok Benadryl Challenge

Written by on April 19, 2023

A 13-year-old in Ohio has died after “he took a bunch of Benadryl,” trying a dangerous TikTok challenge that’s circulating online. According to a CNN affiliate and a GoFundMe account from his family, the teen was participating in a TikTok challenge with some friends at home when he ingested the antihistamine, and was on a ventilator for almost a week before he died, according to WSYX. CNN has not independently confirmed his cause of death. Overdosing on Benadryl can result in “serious heart problems, seizures, coma, or even death,” the US Food and Drug Administration said in a 2020 warning to the public about the deadly “Benadryl Challenge” on TikTok.

Source: CNN

[There are no radio stations in the database]